This 1890s photograph shows a view of Collyer Quay. Collyer Quay was the result of land reclamation works, completed in the 1860s. It was named after Captain George Collyer, Chief Engineer of the Straits Settlements. Seen lining along Collyer Quay are the Merchant Offices. Title devised by Library staff. Date of creation estimated.
This probably taken in the 1880s photograph shows a view of Collyer Quay. There is an inscription "Quay.Singapore" below the photograph. This is a row of double-storey colonial-style building lined the bank and there are rowboats on the river. Title devised by Library staff....
This is a photograph from E. A. Brown's collection. It depicts busy Collyer Quay with a view of the river and the boats in it. There are also people walking along the river and some rickshaws....
This 1993 photograph shows a house, at no. 321 Thomson Road. Thomson Road is named after John Turnbull Thomson, Government Surveyor and Chief Engineer for the Straits Settlements from 1841 - 1853, who developed Singapore's road network. Title devised by Library staff....
This 1993 photograph shows a house, at no. 321 Thomson Road. Thomson Road is named after John Turnbull Thomson, Government Surveyor and Chief Engineer for the Straits Settlements from 1841 - 1853, who developed Singapore's road network. Title devised by Library staff....
This photograph shows the Collyer Quay area, with buildings along its length shown on the right side of the photograph. These buildings include the HSBC (Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation) Building and the Asia Insurance Building in the background. The Clifford Pier, with its characteristic arched designs, services ships and...
View of Shell House in Collyer Quay, with an overhead bridge in the foreground. Photograph donated by Chung Shui Ken and displayed at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. HRS3_636...
Mother of Michael, posing for a photograph at Collyer Quay. In the background is the Merlion, standing guard at the mouth of the Singapore River at Merlion Park. Presently it is located adjacent to One Fullerton. Donated by Tan Yong Heng Michael and displayed at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. HRS3_684...
Mother of Michael, posing for a photograph at Collyer Quay, with bumboats in the background, near the river bank. Donated by Tan Yong Heng Michael and displayed at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. HRS3_685...