This is a picture of the Singapore Philatelic Museum along Coleman Street which was built in 1906. The building was part of Anglo-Chinese School at one time. At the foreground of the picture, a group of students are queuing up to enter the museum. Title devised by Library staff.
This photograph shows a special mailbox outside the Singapore Philatelic Museum. The letters that are posted here are imprinted with a special stamp. Title devised by Library staff....
This photograph shows the corridors of the Singapore Philatelic Museum, facing the Freemasons' Hall. Title devised by Library staff....
A general view of the museum (previously the Methodist Book Room) at the junction of Coleman and Armenian Streets shows its pastel pink and orange exterior walls and wooden louvred windows....
General view of the street, located within the central district, with sights of historic buildings such as the Philatelic Museum and the Masonic Hall....
This 1978 photograph depicts Cairnhill Road, at the entrance to Anglo-Chinese School. Cairnhill Road is named after a house called "Cairn hill". Title devised by Library staff....
This 1984 photograph depicts Anglo-Chinese School at Cairnhill Road. The school was founded on 1 March 1886 by Bishop William Fitzjames Oldham. The road mentioned is located within the Orchard district. Title devised by Library staff....
This 1984 photograph depicts Anglo-Chinese School at Cairnhill Road. The school was founded on 1 March 1886 by Bishop William Fitzjames Oldham. The road mentioned is located within the Orchard district. Title devised by Library staff....
This 1978 photograph depicts Cairnhill Road, with the entrance to Anglo-Chinese School. Cairnhill Road is named after a house called "Cairn hill". Title devised by Library staff....
A 1982 photograph, showing the old Anglo-Chinese Middle School on Armenian Street. The Anglo-Chinese School (ACS), founded in 1886, moved from Amoy Street to Coleman Street in 1887. The name of the school came from the fact that it conducted lessons in English at night and Chinese in the afternoons....
A 1982 photograph, showing Armenian Street, towards the old Anglo-Chinese Middle School, Coleman Street and Canning Rise. The Anglo-Chinese School (ACS), founded in 1886 moved from Amoy Street to Coleman Street in 1887. Armenian Street was named after the Armenian Church, a national monument dated 1835 and the oldest church...