This is a black and white photograph of the reading area in Yio Chu Kang Branch Library (Part-time) in the early days. It was the fourth branch library (Part-time) of the Raffles Library. It was officially opened on 24 November 1956 in the Yio Chu Kang Community Centre. Many library patrons can be seen reading at the tables. Title devised by Library staff.
This is a black and white group photograph of a gathering at the library....
This 1983 photograph shows Upper Serangoon Road (from near Yio Chu Kang Road towards Punggol Road). The roads mentioned are located near the Serangoon Gardens district. Title devised by library staff....
A black and white photograph of the reading area in the junior section of the Raffles Library....
This 1983 photograph shows Sandilands Road, from Glasgow Road (towards Parry Avenue). The roads mentioned are in the vicinity of Yio Chu Kang. Title devised by Library staff....
This 1993 photograph shows Upper Serangoon Road, towards Yio Chu Kang Road (from under a bridge). Upper Serangoon Road, together with Serangoon Road, forms a radial arterial road which connects the north-eastern part of Singapore to the city area. Title devised by Library staff....
This 1983 photograph shows a house at Chuan Hoe Avenue. The road mentioned is in the vicinity of Yio Chu Kang. Title devised by Library staff....
This 1993 photograph shows Jalan Kayu (from Lorong Samak, southwards). Jalan Kayu is named after the firewood that used to be stacked along the roadside in this area. Jalan Kayu is near Yio Chu Kang Road. Title devised by Library staff....
This 1983 photograph depicts Yio Chu Kang Road, from Upper Serangoon Road. The roads mentioned are located near the Serangoon Gardens district. Title devised by Library staff....